Multiple Postions - CNC Swiss and CNC Milling - Weekend Shift
We have multiple opportunities with the primary focus in Swiss machining and CNC Milling on our Weekend Shift
Position Description: CNC Swiss Lathe Machinist or CNC Milling Machinist will be responsible for the operation CNC controlled machines to produce parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical drawing.
3 DAY WORK WEEK - Friday-Sunday 6:00am-6:30pm
4 Hour Weekly Bonus
10% Shift Differential
$1,000 Hire Bonus – Paid after 90 days
· Responsible for the operation and maintenance of Swiss machines or Milling machines to produce high quality parts.
- Knowledge of machining, tool specifications and material characteristics, to enable part to run successfully in machine. Load material / unload parts from machine. Measure and inspect.
· Accurately complete all quality control documentation and inspection sheets. Capable of verifying conformance of parts to specifications using precision measuring instruments and process control techniques including SPC.
- Follows verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, travelers, work instructions, process specifications, sketches, and directions from supervisor in completing a variety of machining and inspection tasks.
· Work efficiently to achieve targeted goals and to assure product compliance to quality specifications.
· Responsible for machine utilization and productivity goals being met on a daily basis, including: machine output to assure cycle times are verified and recorded.
· Prompt startup of machines at beginning of shift, run machines through breaks and lunch as applicable and smooth hand off of machines at shift change to keep them running.
· Assure accurate and timely reporting of labor transactions. Clock on and off jobs with production and setups both direct and indirect labor activities
· Active involvement and support of 6S and continuous improvement efforts.
· Report to Group Leader and/or Manager immediately if unable to attain these goals.
- Ability to read part drawings.
- Swiss - Knowledge of sliding headstock (Swiss style) CNC lathe operation, preferably on Star and Miyano brand machines or Fanuc controlled machines. Knowledge of Star ECAS machines a plus.
- Milling - Knowledge of horizontal and vertical CNC mills, preferably on Makino, HAAS, or Brother brand machines.
- Clean, organized, and multi-task capability to operate multiple machines.
- Team player, open to new ideas and teamwork, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value.
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Intermediate Math skills in geometric and trigonometric formulas a plus.
- Visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts with attention to detail.
- Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with other employees without conflict and with minimal supervision.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.